Mother’s Day is just around the corner – this Sunday, in fact! But if you don’t already have her card written and present wrapped and ready to go, never fear! We have a few last minute Mother’s Day gift ideas for you.
We believe that it really is the thought that counts, so something small and personal is always a great idea. Why not skip the last minute gift cards this year and go for something that reflects her personality and shows a little bit of effort. Maybe she would enjoy a day of shopping and pampering? Or is she more the type to love to spend a day in the garden or out for a hike? Take a few minutes to think about her hobbies and interests and tailor a well-thought out gift idea to her. Still coming unstuck? Here are a few of our team’s favourite last minute Mother’s Day gift ideas to inspire you:
- Give the gift of experience. Make a reservation at her favourite spa or restaurant. Buy her theatre or concert tickets or even book a weekend away for her. Don’t worry if they are already booked up for Mother’s Day weekend- just a booking will make her day, especially if she it means she gets to spend time with you that day.
- Give flowers. Choose a bouquet of flowers as unique and beautiful as your mum! Our fresh flower vending machine located in Blackfriars station is open 24/7. Stop by on your way home or on the way to morning brunch. Need more convincing? Read 5 Reasons to Give Flowers for Mother’s Day. We have a couple of new bouquets made especially for your mums this weekend. Keep an eye on Facebook for photos.
- Do it yourself. Flex your creative muscles. Homemade Mother’s Day gifts aren’t just for kids these days. Skip the macaroni art and choose a more grown-up DIY project like these great ideas we found on Buzzfeed. We particularly love the mason jar framed vase, perfect for displaying fresh flowers all year long. Other options include homemade sugar scrubs, bath bombs, personalised coffee mugs and tea towels.
- Find her favourite tipple. Make her day extra special with a bottle of her favourite wine. This is especially great if it’s something that she would never buy herself or something that sparks memories of a great holiday or meal you had together.
- Give her gifts for a year. There are so many amazing monthly subscription services out there these days to suit all tastes. Why not sign her up to receive great wine, coffee, fashion and beauty or candle gifts each month for 12 months? That really is the gift that keeps on giving.
- Get baking! Whip up a batch of her favourite treats. Nothing says “I love you” like a basket of fresh scones and muffins. We especially love these 12 Mother’s Day treats inspired by flowers to pair with your bouquet! Rose hip cupcakes with a big bouquet of pink roses would make a beautiful gift.
- Give her a break. Set up a evening that is all about her: offer to take the kids or do the chores while she enjoys a girls night out or a dinner date. Make this gift extra special by presenting it to her as a coupon to be redeemed at at time of her choosing.
- Spend time with her! Get your nails done together, eat your homemade scones, cook a Sunday roast, enjoy some happy hour cocktails… Just remind her how much she means to you.
We hope these last minute Mother’s Day gift ideas are helpful. If you still don’t manage to prep anything, remember that we are open 24/7 at Blackfriars for all of your floral needs!
Happy Mother’s Day!