October is just around the corner, which can only mean one thing – the days are getting shorter. It’s time to welcome autumn! Despite the occasional sunny day, we can’t help but notice that there are more cooler days than warm. However, there is no need to get down, as autumn is a fabulous season for nature and for change.
Here are five ways to welcome autumn into your home.
- Start Layering Up. Start embracing warmer colours and textures in both your home and your wardrobe. Dig out your winter coats and get them dry cleaned and add more blankets and cushions to your bed and sofa for those chillier evenings.
- Have a Wardrobe Clear Out. Get rid of anything you haven’t worn in a long time. Give it to charity, sell it online. It’s the perfect way to welcome the new season.
- Try a New Recipe. Get a new cookbook or dig out an old one. Try something new, like a satisfying stew or pasta dish. Experiment, have fun and create something delicious!
- Get Outside. Don’t hibernate inside just because the weather has turned, get to the Farmer’s Market, start planning next spring’s flowers by planting bulbs in your garden now.
- Buy Flowers. We may be a little biased but there’s no better way to welcome a new season into your home than to fill your house with beautiful blooms. For inspiration, take a look at our latest collection for the new season here, including the fabulous Autumn Dash, pictured above.
Need more convincing? Here’s 5 reasons to have flowers in your home.
Have a wonderful weekend!